Saturday, January 17, 2009

Phoenix Hotel Dressing

I found it! This is the recipe I talked about in the last post. Mom emailed and said this recipe came from the Phoenix Hotel in Findlay, Ohio. I did a quick search hoping to find info about the Phoenix Hotel on the internet but alas - to no avail.

Thanks to the miracles of people treasuring their family food history I bring to you the fabulous Phoenix Hotel Dressing, Ta Da!!

2 medium onions chopped fine
3/4 C sugar

Mix the above together and let stand 15 minutes.

Mix into the onion/sugar mixture:
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. paprika

Put the above in a large jar and the following:
1 can of tomato soup (I know, it is from the dawn of the era of convenience food)
1 C. corn oil
3/4 C. vinegar ( I think white or apple cider is the one to use for this)
1 t. horseradish.

Shake well. Let stand an hour before serving.

Thank you Mom for the history lesson. Advice to bloggers. It is always good to have someone who can fill in the blanks because they are older and have a different perspective. It jacks up your street cred!

No comments:

Post a Comment